It’s been three weeks since returning home from the Vietnam, Laos, and Plain of Jars tour. I was about 90% after two weeks and still have a slight cough, but improving.
I have not sent my 10-15 photos yet as I’m still organizing and editing them. I should have that done by next week and will get them to you.
I can’t beat Sonny’s speech our last night together but do want to express my enjoyment of getting to hang with all of you on such a memorable trip. Thank you and I hope our paths cross again.
Here is a list of favorite memories (not conclusive or in order of precedence):
1. Vespa/Ural sidecar tour through Hanoi
2. Our first ride through traffic on the Urals on the way out of Hanoi
3. The mud on the Urals
4. The home stay, sleeping on matts and eating traditional style
5. The tiny chairs/stools of Vietnam
6. the mechanic who could start a Ural first kick most every time
7. Waves, smiles, and "Hello, hello," from kids and adult's faces lighting up as we rode by waving
8. The mountains of northern Vietnam and Laos
9. Boat ride down the Nam Ou and the walk up to the remote village
10. George (self-explanatory)
11. The Honda 250s
12. Mr. Big
13. Sonny's goodbye
14. Learning so much more about the "Secret War"
15. Getting treated at the Phonsavan Hospital
16. Hmong Karaoke in Photosavan
Arlis Hoglen from USA